Check out another entry from my brother from another mother, Abrahim Appel.
What’s good, literati? Obi back at’cha with another post. Figured I’d give you my reading list. It’s a long list so you may want to get snacks before we start. Really, go get snacks. And while you’re up, get me a soda would you?
OK, without further adieu, or is it ado? Whatever. Barring any interruptions, unless you have to go potty. You do? OK, go ahead. I’ll wait.
OK, are we good? Cool. Here’s my super spectacular happy fun time reading list extravaganza!!!!
1. Kindred by Octavia Butler
2. Lion’s Blood by Steven Barnes
3. Matter by Iain M. Banks
4. Harry Revised by Mark Sarvas
5. We by Yevgeny Zamyatin
6. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
7. Dark Tower by Stephen King
8. Lucifer’s Hammer By Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
9. Beggars in Spain by Nancy Kress
10. Earth Abides by George R. Stewart
11. A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin.
OK, that about does it. That’s my list and . . . Hey! Did you pee all over my new carpet? Aw gross. I thought you made tinkle in the toilet earlier. Aww sick. You getter get some Ajax and clean that crap up! Aww and it stinks!
I’m just messing around. But in all seriousness, my new Sci Fi class at UCLA’s Writer’s Extension Program has me pretty busy with reading, so I’m glad to have a list as varied as this. I can’t wait to crunch into these books as I’m sure they’ll help me get the most out of the current novel I’m writing.
So what are you all reading right now? Leave a comment below.
RONIN STAND UP!
Obi here with another entry for all my ronin out there. It’s 2013. A new year and a new opportunity to get things cracking. So, I thought I’d share with you my New Years Resolutions. Feel free to share yours
1. Drink more tea and not that sugary kind from Lipton or Nestle, but the kind that actually comes from leaves in pouches.
2. Swear less. Seriously, I curse like a fucking sailor. Oh, goddamn it. Aw crap!
3. Eat better and get more sleep. Yeah, we’ll see how long I can keep this up.
4. Go out more. Get a social life. I should be outside now, but I don’t wanna. Hee hee.
5. Stop being so hard on myself when I make mistakes. I gotta grow up and realize it’s OK to make mistakes so long as I learn from them.
6. Take my talent more seriously, believe in myself and start sending out short stories and poems to contests and publication. Even if I get rejected, at least I tried.
7. Finish the first draft of my novel THIS YEAR!!
8. Go to Big Bear, rent a cabin and just write whatever comes to mind, it doesn’t even have to be my novel, it can be anything. Yeah, one day I’ll do this one for sure.
9. Last one. Go visit my mom at Forest Lawns Cemetery. I haven’t been to see her since we buried her last year (2012). It hurt too bad, and it still hurts. But I should see her and I will.
Well, that’s it, Ronin. What are your resolutions? I’m curious and inquiring minds want to know!